Classified and Display Advertising Opportunities
Family Medicine offers an employment and display advertising opportunities section with it's print journal and an online Family Medicine Careers website
- Advertise in Print
Family Medicine offers targeted and effective ways to advertise job openings. Recruit top talent from Family Medicine, the Official Journal of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. View the Family Medicine Classified Advertising Rate Card (PDF).
- Advertise Online
Maximize your reach with Family Medicine Careers online advertising opportunities. Promote your organization and job openings for family medicine educators and researchers on the online job board. Explore the rates and posting options.
Combination print/online plans are available. Contact the Family Medicine Advertising Representatives, Russell Johns Associates, LLC, at 800-237-7027 to develop the perfect customized package to meet your advertising needs.
Family Medicine Readership
Family Medicine's 5,000 subscribers include more than 4,700 members of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. These STFM members are leaders within the primary care medical community—department chairs, residency program directors, predoctoral directors, and others—comprising an elite group of teaching physicians and faculty who create policies within today's medical community and influence the decision makers of tomorrow. Family medicine educators turn to STFM for the latest educational research and resources, faculty development workshops, and management skill training.
Our members not only teach—influencing the residents and students who will become future family physicians—but also see patients, just like other family physicians. According to a recent membership survey, on average, our members spend about a third of their time seeing patients. Some members devote even more time to clinical activities. Here are some of the product categories these physician-educators are seeking more information about:
- Books : Family physicians are a prime market in the current medical environment. In many cases, STFM members are the decision makers who determine which textbooks to use in their courses. In a given year, STFM members will purchase in the range of $100,000–$150,000 worth of books from the Society. Additionally, many of these physicians are the authors of the family medicine books and journal articles. Our audience is a medical publisher’s dream market!
- Conferences : Our journal is read by an audience dedicated to the value of continuing education, and one that is likely to attend, as well as spread the word to other faculty and residents about valuable conferences.
- Medical and Practice Software: Many of our members in community and university settings and use electronic health record software, billing software, and other point of care tools.
- Other Business Services: Other services and products that go with business ownership, along with products and services specific to family physicians and family medicine educators, such as insurance and annuity plans, managed care company programs and medical equipment.
- Pharmaceuticals : The educators of future family physicians are highly regarded as role models with tremendous influence over residents and medical students. Educating the educators about your products will provide a downstream benefit for you during this critical time when trainees are developing future prescribing habits.