Innovative Efforts Toward High Performing Academic Family Medicine Practices
Call for Papers for a Special Issue
Family Medicine requests submissions of original papers describing innovations that have improved one or more aspects of academic family medicine practice.
Submitted papers can address efforts to either optimize the patient and/or clinician experience within the practice or to improve the practice’s outreach and community impact. Submissions may be original articles, brief reports, or narrative essays. Our goal for this special issue is to publish manuscripts with robust descriptions of the intervention and the criteria by which they have been evaluated. Narrative essays should relate stories about the experiences of faculty, staff, or students working in such settings. All papers must include objective evaluation data to support the value of the innovation, ideally over multiple years.
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2019.
All submissions should comply with the journal’s instructions for authors: https://journals.stfm.org/familymedicine/authors/. While our standard word limits apply to these submissions, articles may include one or more appendices to allow more detailed descriptions of practice innovations.
Family Medicine, the Official Journal of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, Is Seeking an Assistant Editor, Narrative Essays
This volunteer position will report to the editor of Family Medicine.
The assistant editor must….
- serve currently or have served in the past as a faculty member in a family medicine department or residency
- be a member of STFM
- possess a sense of clear writing, style, organization, and presentation of information.
- have a desire to read Narrative Essays and work with authors and reviewers.
- demonstrate understanding of the art of storytelling, as well as publishing ethics and the process of peer-review
- demonstrate the ability to adhere to established timelines
- be available for weekly phone conferences with the editorial team
- commitment to serve as assistant editor for up to 2-3 new papers each week
- attend the Editorial Board meeting held each year in conjunction with the Annual Spring Conference.
Applications must be submitted by email by September 30, 2019 and include the following materials:
- A cover letter highlighting interest and qualification for the position
- A current curriculum vitae, including applicant’s publications
Send application by email to email@example.com with subject line: Family Medicine Assistant Editor Search
Questions? Contact John Saultz, MD, Family Medicine Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published 10 times a year, Family Medicine publishes high-quality medical education research. The journal also publishes clinical research, articles about information technology, practice management, research methods, and essays and commentaries—all with relevance to family medicine and primary care education. Family Medicine is published online at https://journals.stfm.org/familymedicine/.